Steph Rubbo trading as Steph Rubbo Saddlery and Leather Work (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Cookies Policy, Terms of Sale and any other documents referred to in any of these) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This policy applies to www.stephrubbosaddlery.co.uk and all of our social media pages or sites (our “site”) and also our business away from the site (at or away from our premises or through any social media forum).
You should read this policy carefully before continuing to visit or use our site because if you continue to visit our site you will be deemed to confirm that you accept and agree to everything in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA255784 and the data controller is Steph Rubbo who may be contacted at email@example.com
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This includes details you provide to us directly by filling in forms when using our site, corresponding with us, and when speaking or meeting with us. This information also includes details which you provide to us when you visit or register to use the site and/ or subscribe to any update, or information or other service we offer and when you move around the site and/ or place an order/ make a purchase through the site /participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal descriptions and preferences
We use the information you give us:
- to carry out our obligations to you under any contracts with you (usually where you place an order);
- to provide you with the information, goods and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our offering;
- to keep our site up to date and responsive to you and your device.
Information we collect about you when you visit our site. When you visit our site, we automatically the following types of information:
- technical information: including information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit: including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response length of visits to certain pages, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use information we collect about you when you visit our site:
- to manage our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to use interactive features of our site if you wish to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure and manage the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. To operate and improve our site and to fulfil any orders which you place with us we work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Where we receive information from advertising or analytics providers that will generally be anonymous information confirming the level of response to advertising or the analytics data on the use of our site.
When you place an order with us, if your payment is processed through a third-party payment service and/ or bank we will usually be notified by that payment service and/ or bank of successful or unsuccessful payment attempts by you, or any block or other interruption to a payment attempt. Similarly, if we make a refund to you we will be advised of the success or failure of the processing to you of that refund.
Where we use a delivery service or you use a third-party collection service in relation to any order you place with us we will usually be advised of the success or failure and outcome of any delivery or collection attempts in relation to that order.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If this business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Sale and/ or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Steph Rubbo trading as Steph Rubbo Saddlery and Leatherwork, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates such as payment service providers offering you payment facilities. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.